The Youth Council of Cambodia (YCC), a non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit organization, is actively involved in strengthening democracy and good governance among young people in Cambodia through education/trainings and advocacy. YCC is looking for a Cambodian national to fill the following positions:
Post: Branch Manager (one post)
Job Location: Prey Veng
Gross Salary: USD 230 – 350 per month with other benefits
- Manage day-to-day operation of Prey Veng Branch Office under the secretariat.
- Organize and conduct one Advanced Democracy Seminar (ADS) training cycle each month.
- Recruit new youth networks in Prey Veng.
- Facilitate and conduct network workshops with YCC’s youth networks and youth clubs.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure the effectiveness of the activities.
- Coordinate with youth networks to implement matching grant, and other community related projects.
- Build youth networks and activate them to participate in grassroots events – petition drives, commune council meeting, election activity, and other events in Prey Veng.
- Follow up and monitor activities in the target areas.
- Supervise youth clubs and facilitate in creating new clubs.
- Produce weekly, monthly and annual report of programs activities.
- Produce training reports upon on completion of each training and send to the concerned official.
- Manage and control the budget in the branch office.
- Support other programs upon request.
Qualification and Education:
- Possess BA in Law, Sociology, Development Studies, or any related field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of democracy and good governance.
- Two-year related experience in education and training with young people.
- Ability to lead and motivate coworkers in the branch office.
- Highly self-motivated and dedicated to ensuring high quality work products and able to on weekends when necessary.
- Good interpersonal and pleasant personality.
- Great attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Good language skills in both speaking and writing English will be advantage.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email, and internet.
- Cambodian nationality between 22-30 years old preferred as YCC is a youth centered organization.
Closing Date: January 29, 2012 before 5:00 PM
Only those applicants who most successfully meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview and Previous Applicants no need to re-apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume (no certificates) in English to:
YCC Head Office: #32 CD, St. 562, Sangkat Boeung Kak I, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Pe